Ofsted and performance data
Extracts from our Ofsted report:
- “The academy promotes inclusion and equality of opportunity.”
- "[The school has] a good range of academic and vocational qualifications to meet students' abilities and aspirations."
- “The academy places great importance on students’ well-being and personal development... Students say that they feel safe and well supported...”
- “[Students] ... show a good level of respect towards each other, as well as the school environment ...”
- “Literacy across the curriculum is well supported across all subjects with attention to reading, writing and subject specific words.”
- “The number of English and mathematics lessons has had a positive impact on students’ literacy, reading and mathematical skills.”
- "Teachers’ relationships with students are positive.”
The July 2015 Ofsted report can be found here.
Ofsted Visit 2016
The Academy received a Section 8 monitoring visit on Monday 7th March 2016. We are delighted that the inspector recognised the impact of the hard work of students and staff and judged us to be an improving academy. Letter from the inspector is available here.
This summer, 50% of students achieved at least five A*-C grades, including English and maths, at GCSE - and 10% of students achieved the English Baccalaureate, which requires at least five good passes in subjects valued highly by universities and employers (English, maths, science, a language and either history or geography).
The percentage of students making expected progress or better is 64% in English and 60% in maths.
To find out more about our most recent results, click here.