SMSC and Citizenship Themes
Within the Academy PSHRE and Citizenship will be delivered within tutor time time with a vertical tutor group system. The programme aims at supporting and developing skills needed to improve academic performance. In addition it is essential that is ‘holistic’ and so develops each student as an individual.
This Tutor Programme aims at:
- developing academic and functional skills (literacy, numeracy, ICT and research skills)
- encouraging students to be more reflective.
- increasing students levels of self-awareness.
- consolidating their independence and sense of responsibility.
- offering students opportunities to increase their understanding of health issues that affect them (mental health, eating disorders etc..)
- Offering guidance and support in making decisions about their future career paths.