Wednesday 20 December - Christmas Jumper Day
On Wednesday 20 December, students will be allowed to wear a Christmas jumper with their school uniform for a donation of £1 which will go towards their house charity. Please note full school uniform must be worn with jumpers under blazers.
Joining Ark William Parker Academy
The academy has a well-developed process to make joining us a positive experience for students and their parents.
Once a place has been accepted the following process is put into place:
- An individual interview with a head of house or member of the Senior Leadership Team
- The head of house and special educational needs co-ordinator will contact the child's primary school to talk to teachers who already know the child well
- To complement the academic data provided by primary schools, every new student will sit Cognitive Ability Tests along with reading and comprehension tests to give us a detailed understanding of each student’s learning needs
- Provision of a full induction programme for all new students to help smooth their entry into the academy community
- Parents regularly receive progress reports and invitations to parent and teacher meetings to help maintain a close relationship between home and the academy
- Annual curriculum information evenings for parents and carers, focusing on curriculum and assessment information relating to their son
Admissions Policy 2016/17
The Admissions Policy relating to admissions to the academy, in the academic year 2016/17 can be found below:
Admissions Policy 2017/18
The Admissions Policy relating to admissions to the academy, in the academic year 2017/18 can be found below:
Admissions Policy 2018/19
The Admissions Policy relating to admissions to the academy, in the academic year 2018/19 can be found below:
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Year 7 in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Secondary||1 March 2017||19 April 2017|
|after 19 April 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.