Please be aware that St Helen’s Road will close to traffic from 7am on Monday, October 9 and is scheduled to reopen at 5pm on Friday, December 1. The closure will be in place 24 hours a day during this time, with a diversion in place via Elphinstone Road, The Ridge, Junction Road and Sedlescombe Road North in both directions. Further information can be found on the East Sussex Highways website.
The next mufti day of the academic year will take place on Friday 3rd July. If students pay on the day we are asking students to pay £1.00. Money will be collected during tutor time.
The money raised will go to the House charities:
Beckett House: BLUE
- Fellowship of St. Nicholas - www.fsncharity.co.uk
- They work to create innovative projects to support some of the most disadvantaged families in Hastings and Rother so that children and young people are able to develop into strong independent adults who are able to contribute to their communities.
Parker House: YELLOW
- St Michaels Hospice - www.stmichaelshospice.org.
- Looking after patients local to Hastings suffering with long term illnesses i.e. cancer. They offer day treatments and beds to help people to be comfortable during treatment or their last days.
Saunders House: GREEN
- Dragonflies (part of the fellowship of St Nicholas) - www.fsncharity.co.uk/dragonflies.htm
- Supporting children, young people and their families who are struggling to cope with the death of someone close to them.
Saxon House: RED
- Association of Carers - www.associationofcarers.org.uk
- They support young people between the ages 6 and 14 to have regular time away from their caring role. They support unpaid Carers in East Sussex to continue in their caring role by providing free, high quality, volunteer-led services that encourage independence and reduce isolation.
Students will be expected to wear House colours on the Mufti day. The House with the greatest number of students in full colour for their house will achieve community points in the House competition.
If you have any further questions regarding any of the above, please contact Mrs Iglinski.
Thank you very much for your support.