A great term with attendance!
Attendance at Ark William Parker has improved considerably in the last term. Our boys have shown a commendable dedication to their studies and have shown the perseverance to attend school every day. We are sure that the results of this will show in their end of year assessments in the summer! Have a great half-term and see you back at school on Monday 4th June! Remember - Attendance is important!
E-newsletter: If you would like to receive our regular email newsletter, with all the latest news from Ark William Parker, please give your consent by filling in this form. Your details will only be used for this purpose.
Attendance is Vital
- We expect every child to attend every day.
- Every day that your child is out of school reduces their attendance figure by 0.5%.
- It is critical that unless it is a real emergency that you send your child into school.
- Poor attendance has been proven to reduce the chances of gaining ‘good’ GCSE grades.
- Missing just two days a month will result in missing 10% of the school year.
Attendance is celebrated and rewarded in many ways across the school
- Weekly attendance is celebrated in House Assemblies and is clearly visible on House notice boards.
- The tutor groups with the highest weekly attendance are rewarded.
- Every term those with 100% attendance are celebrated in assemblies and receive reward certificates (half-termly and cumulatively).
- Every term those with over 96% attendance are celebrated in assemblies and receive reward certificates (half-termly and cumulatively).
- We celebrate where attendance improves.
- At the end of the school year reward trips are offered to students with good attendance.
Attendance letter to parents can be found here.
Attendance Protocols - Attendance Protocols