Scholarship Application Form for Performing Arts and Sports
We are exceptionally pleased to be able to tell you that Ark have provided some funding for a few Sports and Arts Scholarships. This is to recognise exceptional achievement or potential in sports and the arts, and therefore, it will be measured through an application process. The closing date for application forms is Friday 7th December 2018. A printable version of the form can be found here. We welcome all applications however, funding will be limited.
The latest letter from Yvonne Powell, Executive Principal, can be found here.
Attendance is Vital
- We expect every child to attend every day.
- Every day that your child is out of school reduces their attendance figure by 0.5%.
- It is critical that unless it is a real emergency that you send your child into school.
- Poor attendance has been proven to reduce the chances of gaining ‘good’ GCSE grades.
- Missing just two days a month will result in missing 10% of the school year.
Attendance is celebrated and rewarded in many ways across the school
- Weekly attendance is celebrated in House Assemblies and is clearly visible on House notice boards.
- The tutor groups with the highest weekly attendance are rewarded.
- Every term those with 100% attendance are celebrated in assemblies and receive reward certificates (half-termly and cumulatively).
- Every term those with over 96% attendance are celebrated in assemblies and receive reward certificates (half-termly and cumulatively).
- We celebrate where attendance improves.
- At the end of the school year reward trips are offered to students with good attendance.
Attendance letter to parents can be found here.
Attendance Protocols - Attendance Protocols