Attendance is Vital
- We expect every child to attend every day.
- Every day that your child is out of school reduces their attendance figure by 0.5%.
- It is critical that unless it is a real emergency that you send your child into school.
- Poor attendance has been proven to reduce the chances of gaining ‘good’ GCSE grades.
- Missing just two days a month will result in missing 10% of the school year.
Attendance is celebrated and rewarded in many ways across the school
- Weekly attendance is celebrated in House Assemblies and is clearly visible on House notice boards.
- The tutor groups with the highest weekly attendance are rewarded.
- Every term those with 100% attendance are celebrated in assemblies and receive reward certificates (half-termly and cumulatively).
- Every term those with over 96% attendance are celebrated in assemblies and receive reward certificates (half-termly and cumulatively).
- We celebrate where attendance improves.
- At the end of the school year reward trips are offered to students with good attendance.
Attendance letter to parents can be found here.
Attendance Protocols - Attendance Protocols