Information which may be helpful to parents
County Lines Information
County lines is a major issue and there are a number of indicators that could alert you that your son or daughter is being criminally exploited:
- Do they suddenly have lots of money/lots of new clothes/new mobile phones?
- Are they receiving more calls or texts than usual?
- Are they travelling alone to places far away from home?
- Are they carrying or selling drugs?
- Are they carrying weapons?
- Are they in a relationship with or hanging out with someone/people that are older and controlling?
- Do they have unexplained injuries?
- Do they seem very reserved or seem like they have something to hide?
- Are they going missing from school or their home?
Please read the full County Lines leaflet below -
Hiring Private Tutors – Safety advice for Parents and Carers
Around 1 in 4 children receive extra, out of school tuition. It is recommended by the LSCB that parents and carers use only tutors employed by reputable tutor agencies as checks would have been undertaken. If you are to hire a private tutor directly, the LSCB have advised on how best to do this - please see the link below.
Letters to parents
The latest letters to parents can be found here.
Helpful e-safety info can be found here.