Safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone in the school and we have a dedicated Safeguarding Team, working together to ensure the safety of all students at Ark William Parker Academy.
Reporting a Concern
If you have any Safeguarding concerns for a student that we should be aware of, you can contact our Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs Bessa or Safeguarding Officer Mrs Hoare on 01424 439888 or email us on email@example.com .
We recommend concerns are also reported directly to SPOA (Single Point of Advice) on 01323 464222 if your concern is about a child in East Sussex. Acting quickly can and will make all the difference to that child in need.
Should your concern be that of a child in immediate danger, you should call the Police.
Our aim is to protect children from neglect, sexual abuse, physical and emotional harm. Our Safeguarding Policy can be found under the tab for Policies and Safeguarding. Useful information can be found on the Local Safeguarding Children Board and NSPCC.
Link to East Sussex Safeguarding Children Board - LSCB
Link to National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children - NSPCC
Safeguarding Team -
Leaflet for visitors to the school regarding safeguarding -
County Lines is a major issue and there are a number of indicators that could alert you that your son or daughter is being criminally exploited:
- Do they suddenly have lots of money/lots of new clothes/new mobile phones?
- Are they receiving more calls or texts than usual?
- Are they travelling alone to places far away from home?
- Are they carrying or selling drugs?
- Are they carrying weapons?
- Are they in a relationship with or hanging out with someone/people that are older and controlling?
- Do they have unexplained injuries?
- Do they seem very reserved or seem like they have something to hide?
- Are they going missing from school or their home?
The full County Lines leaflet can be read here.
Hiring Private Tutors – Safety advice for Parents and Carers
Around 1 in 4 children receive extra, out of school tuition. It is recommended by the LSCB that parents and carers use only tutors employed by reputable tutor agencies as checks would have been undertaken. If you are to hire a private tutor directly, the LSCB have advised on how best to do this - please see the link below.