A great term with attendance!
Attendance at Ark William Parker has improved considerably in the last term. Our boys have shown a commendable dedication to their studies and have shown the perseverance to attend school every day. We are sure that the results of this will show in their end of year assessments in the summer! Have a great half-term and see you back at school on Monday 4th June! Remember - Attendance is important!
E-newsletter: If you would like to receive our regular email newsletter, with all the latest news from Ark William Parker, please give your consent by filling in this form. Your details will only be used for this purpose.
SMSC and Citizenship Themes
Within the Academy PSHE and Citizenship will be delivered within tutor time time with a vertical tutor group system. The Civitas programme aims at supporting and developing skills needed to improve academic performance. In addition it is essential that is ‘holistic’ and so develops each pupil as an individual.
This Civitas programme aims at:
- developing academic and functional skills (literacy, numeracy, ICT and research skills)
- encouraging pupils to be more reflective.
- increasing pupils levels of self-awareness.
- consolidating their independence and sense of responsibility.
- offering students opportunities to increase their understanding of health issues that affect them (mental health, eating disorders etc..)
- Offering guidance and support in making decisions about their future career paths.