Parent / Carers: The consultation on the proposal to bring Ark William Parker and Ark Helenswood together as one co-educational school has now launched. You can find out more information and give us your views by visiting the consultation website: http://hastingsconsultation.org/
Extra-curricular activities: a new list of activities for this term can be found here.
SMSC and Citizenship Themes
Within the Academy PSHE and Citizenship will be delivered within tutor time time with a vertical tutor group system. The Civitas programme aims at supporting and developing skills needed to improve academic performance. In addition it is essential that is ‘holistic’ and so develops each pupil as an individual.
This Civitas programme aims at:
- developing academic and functional skills (literacy, numeracy, ICT and research skills)
- encouraging pupils to be more reflective.
- increasing pupils levels of self-awareness.
- consolidating their independence and sense of responsibility.
- offering students opportunities to increase their understanding of health issues that affect them (mental health, eating disorders etc..)
- Offering guidance and support in making decisions about their future career paths.