Wednesday 20 December - Christmas Jumper Day
On Wednesday 20 December, students will be allowed to wear a Christmas jumper with their school uniform for a donation of £1 which will go towards their house charity. Please note full school uniform must be worn with jumpers under blazers.
SMSC and Citizenship Themes
Within the Academy PSHE and Citizenship will be delivered within tutor time time with a vertical tutor group system. The Civitas programme aims at supporting and developing skills needed to improve academic performance. In addition it is essential that is ‘holistic’ and so develops each pupil as an individual.
This Civitas programme aims at:
- developing academic and functional skills (literacy, numeracy, ICT and research skills)
- encouraging pupils to be more reflective.
- increasing pupils levels of self-awareness.
- consolidating their independence and sense of responsibility.
- offering students opportunities to increase their understanding of health issues that affect them (mental health, eating disorders etc..)
- Offering guidance and support in making decisions about their future career paths.