Parent / Carers: The consultation on the proposal to bring Ark William Parker and Ark Helenswood together as one co-educational school has now launched. You can find out more information and give us your views by visiting the consultation website: http://hastingsconsultation.org/
Extra-curricular activities: a new list of activities for this term can be found here.
Ark William Parker supports the view that independent learning and homework makes a valuable contribution to the education and development of children.
Core Subjects English, Maths and Science will set homework once a week. Tasks set will be based on improving classwork and will link to an improvement question or point the teacher has given via feedback to the student.
Foundation Subjects at KS3 will set homework once a fortnight in line with the frequency at which they see pupils.
The purpose of homework is to:
- Raise the standard of achievement.
- Provide opportunities for students to work independently and to take responsibility for organising their work.
- Help students recognise the link between good study habits and higher standards of achievement with the aim of developing good study habits for their lives.
- Check that students have understood class work.
- Consolidate or extend work covered in school.
- Prepare for future lessons.
- Give time for more extensive coverage of the curriculum, through integrated planning of class work and homework.
- Help parents/carers understand what their children are learning in school and to encourage them to participate in that learning.
Key stages time allocation per week:
- KS3 - 30 mins per subject
- KS4 - 1 hour per subject
- KS5 - 5 hours per subject
The full homework policy can be found below. For more information, or to request a paper copy, please contact email@example.com.