Every Ark academy aims to protect and promote the welfare of its students.
We all recognise that abuse and neglect can and do happen, at home and elsewhere, and we are often the first to see the signs and we are individually and collectively responsible for making sure that these are acted on.
We know that we must have robust procedures that make sure that everyone knows what actions to take and when and never lose sight of the child and of their immediate and longer term needs. To ensure this happens, Ark commits that we will;
- Do our best to identify children who are suffering or are likely to suffer abuse and to act to protect and help them, working with other relevant services.
- Set clear safeguarding procedures and make sure that everyone in our schools understands and follows them.
- Reinforce our safeguarding policy with strong policies for recruitment, for preventing and dealing with bullying and harassment, and for teaching children how to protect themselves.
- Train our staff in the implementation of these and all other relevant to safeguarding.
- Review the outcomes of our work to make sure that we continue to strike the right balance.
Click the link below for the full policy.